10 Ideas for Classroom Birthday Treats
Today was my son’s birthday so I thought I would write about the discussion we have been having for the past week….what Classroom Birthday Treats to bring to his schoolmates! With my other four kids, cupcakes have been their treat of choice. Last week my son decided that he doesn’t like cupcakes anymore and wanted me to bring something else. It’s kind of weird since just last week he came home bragging about getting a CUPCAKE from a classmate! It is so weird how their tastes miraculously change when they want something. Anyhow, here are 10 ideas for Classroom Birthday Treats you can share on your child’s birthday!
- Cupcakes! – Costco and Sam’s Club usually have the best deal since you can buy them in quantities of 30 for less than $15.
- Donuts! - Dunkin’ Donuts is what my son finally settled on, but they ended up being more expensive than the cupcakes.
- Cracker Jacks! - You can buy the boxes or the bags but either way, kids love them!
- Pixy Stix! - They end up being less than $.50 a stick when you buy in bulk!
- Popsicles! – Probably best for preschool classes, but sometimes they will let you store them in the teacher’s lounge.
- Rice Krispie Treats! - They are pre-packaged and you can even write a note on them now!
- Pizza! - Even if it is after lunch, it seems like kids always have room in their stomachs for pizza!
- Cake Pops! - Teachers probably appreciate this variety of cake over traditional cupcakes!
- Lollipops! - The big round ones at Walmart are usually $.50 or less. Or you can get Blow Pops or Dum-Dums.
This is clearly not a post about trying to find something healthy to bring for your kid’s birthday! I will try to think of 10 healthy ideas at a later time
© 2013, Ashleigh Vilardi. All rights reserved.