« « Previous Post | Next Post » »

Cotton Candy Cookies! (Pictures And Where To Find The Mix)

One of my favorite things in the entire world is Cotton Candy Blizzards from Dairy Queen.  For some strange reason they decided to stop selling them a couple years ago and I haven’t been able to satisfy my craving for cotton candy flavored ANYTHING since then!  Fast forward a couple years to last week and my trip to Target.  I was buying ingredients to make my Banana-Graham-Splits and my husband found the one thing that may satisfy my craving.  Cotton Candy Cookies and Frosting!!!  There is not really a recipe involved here, but the cookies were definitely worth writing about!

989993_4874726597213_395574552_o

The dough wasn’t as delicious as I expected because the cotton candy bits were a little hard, but when it was cooked they melted into pink and blue specks.  These are my new favorite cookies and totally satisfied my cotton candy cravings!

2013-05-31

This Betty Crocker Cotton Candy Cookie Mix and Frosting can only be found at Target! (supposedly…that’s what it says on the packaging)  Make sure to use real butter or margarine. (not spread)   The frosting is SO delicious!  I was dipping graham crackers in it all week!  I was just thinking about it and wondered if these cookies are a new thing, or if I am really just that non-observant!  Maybe they have been in the baking aisle for years and I just haven’t noticed since I don’t usually buy cookie mixes!  Comment below if you have tried these before!

© 2013, Ashleigh Vilardi. All rights reserved.

18 Responses to Cotton Candy Cookies! (Pictures And Where To Find The Mix)

1. Stephanie Larison says:

OMG…yes!! lol I need to find these and make them asap. I love cotton candy flavored anything. They look amazing!

2. deanna says:

umm….sounds DELICIOUS!
    xo

3. Kate F. says:

Those look delicious! I’ll have to make some.

4. Merry says:

These look great. Our VBS this year has a roller coaster/carnival type theme so these would be perfect!

• Ashleigh Vilardi says:

Great idea! You should find a cotton candy cookie cutter so they look like the one on the package!

5. YVONNE WOODSTOCK says:

ohhhh yummy I am like a little kid when it comes to cotton candy even the smell of it much less the taste of it. Thanks for sharing.

6. nicole w says:

ahh I HAVE to get these and make them for my family! lots of cotton candy lovers. this would be perfect!

7. Amy Waite says:

Just to follow up we made these and even without frosting they were amazing. Everyone in the family loved them!

8. Jessica Peeling says:

These look so good!

9. Patty says:

Thank you for the review! I just made these and topped them with rainbow sprinkles to give to our new neighbor’s wee ones but I hadn’t tried them yet! I guess I will have to sneak one tomorrow before I put them on trays. I’m like you, I love cotton candy anything. If they taste anything like they smelled when baking I will be making a return trip to Target hoping they still have at least one package of the mix and one tub of frosting left! Hadn’t thought of dipping graham crackers in the frosting…. maybe I’ll need two tubs of frosting on my return trip to Target!

How long did it take for the icing on yours to ‘set up’ a bit? Or did it stay soft?

• Ashleigh says:

It’s 81+ degrees in my house so it didnt take too long! I’ve also whipped it with a mixer before to make it fluffy. Just use one beater and it will fit in the frosting tub :)

10. carla bennett says:

Yummy!!

11. Jennifer Aldridge says:

These sound divine! I know a certain 4 year old in my house who would eat the whole batch!

12. Dana Rodriguez says:

Those look so good!

13. Lillian says:

Okay, how did you get these cookies to turn out so well? I’ve made them three times and each time they spread like pancakes (turning into one big ugly cookie on the pan), end up crumbly, and just overall unappealing. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I’ve used softened butter and melted. I’ve used egg beaters and real eggs. I’ve regular baked an convection baked. I cannot get it right! I still have like six more packages to make and I would really like to be able to make them. Any tips?

• Ashleigh says:

lol…I stocked up when they were on clearance at Target so I still have a bunch! Where do you live? I’m in AZ and my cookies always turn out better here than when I was in UT because of the altitude. Maybe try using butter flavored Crisco instead of butter? Also, I never mix my batter for that long. It always has chunks, but it seems to taste better and have a good texture. I also use room temperature butter if my cookies go flat. If you live in a high altitude area, I would add a little flour. Hopefully one of those ideas works! If all else fails, you could just eat the dough ;)

14. heather says:

I have never ever heard of these cookies before but they sure look pretty and I bet they taste super yummy. I have to try this one thanks for sharing and have a great day.