Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Recipe
Here is one of the tastiest, most delicious recipes ever! I first had this strawberry cream cheese french toast at my aunt’s house and I fell in love with it. I don’t know if she made up the recipe or if it came from somewhere else, but I would really like to thank whoever invented it because it is the BOMB! We had it for dinner last night with sausage, but it’s great for mornings too!
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 6 Eggs
- 8-oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Slice tops off strawberries and place in small saucepan with granulated sugar. Heat on med-low and stir frequently while preparing the french toast.
- Slice french bread into 10 2-inch pieces. Slice each of the 10 pieces almost all the way through, but not quite!
- Mix powdered sugar and cream cheese in medium sized bowl with electric mixer until blended.
- Using a spatula, spread a layer of “frosting” in between each piece of bread.
- Beat eggs in flat bowl or tupperware, dip each of the 10 slices into eggs, and place on buttered griddle (350).
- Cook each side until golden brown.
- Spread another layer of “frosting” on each piece while still hot.
- Top with large tablespoon of strawberry sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar!
- Place ripped paper towel over bowl while mixing powdered sugar mixture so it doesn’t fly all over your kitchen.
- You can use frozen strawberries and it will taste just as good.
- For a HEALTHIER version, you can use low fat cream cheese, less powdered sugar, or omit sugar in strawberry mixture.
- If you want to skip the “stuffed” part of this recipe, you can just put the cream cheese frosting on top of each slice 1-inch slice.